Paris is one of the easiest cities to get around in Europe. The Metro, trains, buses and tramways are all a part of RATP (the Paris public transportation authority), which means universal ticket prices and overall ease of travel. Yet another reason to love Paris.
Getting Around Paris
The city's Metro system is cheap, convenient and an attraction unto itself. Read our guide to Metro stations, tickets, hours of operation and more.
Paris' city buses go everywhere the Metro does (and more!), but with a view. Sure, they're not as fast, but they offer a unique transit experience.
Taxis can be convenient, but they can also be a hassle. Regardless, they're almost always expensive. Still interested? Read on!
We're huge fans of the city's Velib' bike-share program, which put thousands of (almost) free bikes on the streets for locals and tourists alike.
Paris' three tram lines zip passengers between the city and suburbs. Ready to ride?
Most popular hotels in Paris (by views)
Paris blog posts
- Only in Paris: A New Guide to the French Capital
- Paris: What makes a budget hotel special?
- Paris: 14 excellent budget hotels in the nearby suburbs
- Solo Travel in Paris: Simple tips for visiting Paris on your own
- Paris: 5 hotels in the 10th and 11th that should be on the Cheapo radar
- Paris Art Museums and Galleries: 5 ways to save on art
- Paris: Who wins when budget hotels go boutique?
- Paris: 7 public buses that are great for cheapo sightseeing
- Paris: 5 Budget hotels with boutique style
- Paris: Popular budget hotels in less touristic neighborhoods