London balances proper precision with a healthy dose of cheek. The seat of the one-time Empire may creak under the weight of history, delighting visitors and residents with innumerable hints of the past, yet the city also intoxicates with its very contemporary blend of cultures and its packs of kids so fashionable that they just might hurt you.
London City Guide Introduction
London has some of the world's most recognizable sights to offer. Photo: Antonia Hayes.
In London, you can see iconic landmarks, view some of the best theater the world has to offer and hear the world's most progressive DJs. There are also palaces, museums (many of which are free!), cool shops and cozy pubs. The unbelievable diversity in cuisine and culture and the city's sheer entrepreneurial spirit are all irresistible. London's hectic spirit is truly unto itself.
If you already hear Big Ben chiming but are afraid of shedding too many pounds, never fear. We’ve got everything you need to explore London on the cheap.
• Get situated: Bloomsbury, Soho, Belgravia... London’s got many ‘hoods you’ve heard of (and some you haven’t), each with its own distinct style. Our guide to Choosing the Right Neighborhood in London will help you find the best place to stay whether you’re looking to party, soak up the culture or just plain save.
• Get a room: Now that you know where to sleep, book a room! We’ve beat feet around town and found the best budget sleeps in London for every type of traveler.
• Get a plan: That many of London’s museums and attractions are free is music to our cheapo ears. Check out our London Budget Tips to save a bundle.
All hotel reviews
- All About Hotels in London
- Cheap Eats in London
- Choosing the Right Neighborhood
- City Buses: Getting around London
- EuroCheapo's Budget Air Extravaganza
- Expect to Spend: London
- FAQ: General London hotel questions
- Getting Around London
- Getting Into London
- London Budget Tips
- London Car Rentals
- London City Guide Introduction
- London Day Trip: Arundel
- London Day Trip: Brighton
- London Day Trip: Oxford
- London Day Trips
- London Hotel Overview
- London: Insider Info
- One day in London
- Other Cheap Accommodations in London
- Surviving Stansted
- Taxis: Getting around London
- The Oyster Card: Getting around London
- The Underground: Getting around London
- Walking and Biking: Getting around London
- When to visit London
- > More London articles